To create a box, select the type of box you wish to create by clicking the left mouse button on the corresponding icon of the design toolbar. These icons correspond to the 6 types of boxes available (background box, image box, text box, video box, sound box and animation box).
Modify a box
To move a box, click on it and keep the left button of the mouse pressed down : the box will then follow the movement of your mouse. You can also move a box pixel by pixel with the cursor keys, as well as 10 pixels by 10 pixels with the cursor keys while holding down the “shift” key.
To change the size of a box, you only need to place your cursor on one of the borders of the box. The cursor will change into pointers showing the direction into which you can change the size of the box. In order to change the size of the box by hitting the aspect ratio, click on the lower right-hand corner, while holding down the “shift” key.
Pour déformer une boîte, maintenez “ctrl“ enfoncé avec les flèches du pavé directionnel. La boîte va s’agrandir ou se rétrécir pixel par pixel. Vous pouvez également utilisez “ctrl + shift” avec les flèches du pavé directionnel pour déformer la boîte de 10 pixels en 10 pixels.
To modify a box, hold down the "z\" key and use the cursor keys. The box will change the size pixel by pixel. You can also press the "Shift" and "Ctrl" key at the same time while using the cursor keys in order to change the size 10 pixels by 10 pixels.
You can also manually resize the text of a box by holding down the "shift" key and clicking the lower right corner of the box with your mouse. The characters will change their size accordingly.
You can delete a box by clicking on it with the left mouse button and hitting the "Del" button or by selecting the delete function from the box menu in the top menu.
To access a box settings and apply effects of appearance, disappearance and timers, click with the right button of the mouse.
Basic functions of a box
From the top menu "boxes" you select the following functions for boxes :
- Select (Ctrl) : allows to add or remove selections to your current selected box.
- Select all (Ctrl+A) : will select all boxes on the current page.
- Copy (Ctrl+C) : will copy the selected box or selected text.
- Cut (Ctrl+X) : will copy the selected box or text into the clipboard wile deleting it.
- Paste (Ctrl+V) : will paste the previously copied or cut box next to it.
- Paste (Ctrl + Shift + V) : will copy the previously copied or cut box to the exact same position. This is very handy if you want to create a sequence of images on the same place.
- Undo (Ctrl + Z) : will undo one or more of the previous actions.
- Redo (Ctrl + Y) : will redo one or more of the previous actions.